Friday, 20 June 2014

Keys to success?

I see several of the 30 causes of failure listed by Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich, in myself and my colleagues, namely:
  • Lack of well defined purpose in life
  • Lack of ambition to rise above mediocrity
  • Insufficient education
  • Lack of self discipline
  • Procrastination
  • Lack of persistence
  • Wrong selection of vocation
  • Lack of concentration of effort 
Those that particularly apply to me are italicised.

I agree with Hill's views that "no man can succeed in a line of endeavor which he does not like" and that "one of the keys to success is therefore identifying your passion and life-career purpose."

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wrong selection of vocation
    I've almost always thought it's just me or some friends of mine, but it seems to be true for maybe all humanity.
    Actually this post reminded me of a lecture by Ze Frank (a video talk on TED) named "Are you human"
    These items apply for me too esp. Procrastination
    I think I'm going to read the book

    ReplyDelete